Bad Kitty II: Bigger and Badder Contest
Co-sponsors: Inland Valley RWA (IVRWA) and Fire Opal Romances
Deadline: E-mailed or postmarked May 1 2010
Entry: Send us your stories about tantalizing tabbies or sexy Weres! Open to all genres and all authors, published or unpublished. First 15 pages, one page synopsis
Final judges:Fire Opal Romances editorial staff.
Top Prize: First place entry will be published in the Fire Opal Romances 2011 Anthology Bad Kitty II: Bigger and Badder.
Send us your stories about tantalizing tabbies or sexy Weres!
Thank you for your interest in the 2010 IVRWA Bad Kitty Contest! To enter, please send your cover page, the first 15 pages of your manuscript, and the $15 fee via PayPal.
– Final manuscript should be between 15K and 16K words.
– All genres accepted
– Heroine must be African-American
– Sensuality level: Hot; no BDSM, no rape/incest/pedophilia/golden showers, no bestiality (including sex in shifted form), no M/M or F/F.
– Open to all writers, published or unpublished.
– 1” margins
– 12pt Courier New or Times New Roman.
– Do not put your name ANYWHERE on the manuscript.
– Header should list title, genre, and page number.
– Cover page:
– Author’s name
– Entry title and genre
– Contact information: e-mail address, mailing address, phone number
– Neither entries nor score sheets will be returned.
– The first round of entries will be judged by a panel of authors and editors; finalists will be chosen by the editorial staff of Fire Opal Romances.
– Authors will have one month from notification to submit the complete manuscript. Failure to do so will disqualify their entry and next runner up will be contacted.
Digital submissions via e-mail go to
Snail Mail must be postmarked May 1, 2010
Fire Opal Romances
c/o Bad Kitty Contest
12523 Limonite #440-438
Mira Loma, CA 01752
Feb 1 2010: contest opens
May 1 2010: final entries postmark
August 1: top 10 finalists notified
Sepember 1: full MS required (15K – 16K)
December 1: Contest winner announced
Payment: Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, check or money order.
(Checks returned for Non-sufficient funds will result in entries to be automatically eliminated.)